PLAY

Welcome to Schooner Kids!

August 23, 2015
ANC_0956

When we decided to homeschool in 2013 it sparked a passion for raising independent, adventure-loving children rooted in old-fashioned values. Frustrated at every turn by the lack of resources for modern parents, I began logging hours upon hours of research to find classic materials that supported this approach.

The idea for SchoonerKids was born.

What you will find here is a carefully curated selection of articles for intentional parenting, beautiful educational materials to support a love of learning, and highlights of mini style and travel sprinkled throughout.

My mission is to inspire parents everywhere to fill their home up with toys that encourage imaginative play, timeless clothing that does not compete with current trends, and cultural experiences that infuse creativity into their everyday lives.

May we live with intention and bring our children up to do the same.

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

• Reply sherri lynn August 25, 2015 at 6:36 pm

I am so excited about this. I just became a mother 12 weeks ago (what?! the time is flying!), and I even thought to myself that I should go back and read through your old posts at Annapolis & Co. I didn’t discover your blog until a few weeks before you stopped blogging, and I was so disappointed, because I loved your approach to parenting and your kids. All that to say, this is exactly what I’ve been looking for! I love your heart for Jesus, your love for your kids + husband, and your desire to bring adventure into your kids’ lives!

• Reply Aanika August 26, 2015 at 1:27 am

Mary Beth I absolutely LOVE it! Fantastic idea and beautiful creation. I absolutely can’t wait to follow along. You just keep getting better and better at this girl! Well done xoxo

• Reply marybeth@schoonerkids.com August 26, 2015 at 8:42 pm

Thank you so much, sweet friend!!!

• Reply Lauren August 27, 2015 at 6:39 pm

LOVE IT!! I’m so glad you’re doing this, friend! And, I’m standing up, applauding you for your patience over the past year as you’ve waited on the right time to follow through with some of your dreams. Cannot wait for all this new site will hold!

• Reply marybeth@schoonerkids.com August 28, 2015 at 2:37 am

Thank you, friend! It was such a beautiful period of rest for me, but I have to say. I’ve been itching to get back to work! ;)

• Reply Chantel September 11, 2015 at 8:53 pm

Yes, yes, yes!! Completely stoked about this! While I don’t homeschool right now (for a few reasons) but we do a lot of afterschooling so I always feel like I can relate more to homeschoolers. I am so excited for a great modern resource on so many great subjects!